– COVID-19 Update –
Weekly Coronavirus Update
March 30th, 2020
We’re in an unprecedented season as a church and nation. COVID-19 is a worldwide issue and it has impacted all of our lives. Your church leadership wants to keep you informed and encouraged in this season. We have met, processed, and prayed. We are going to make week by week moves to work with city, state, and national leadership as we work to slow the spread of this virus together. Each week please look here for direction and follow our social media channels as we stay engaged and connected.
March 30 – April 30 we’re shifting to a House Church model…
We can’t gather together in this season but we can help your home become the hub of the church in Greenville, SC. Each Sunday we will broadcast our message online for you. We will provide worship suggestions for guided worship and prayer. Feel free to share a meal together, encourage each other, pray for each other. Together as a church we fight fear with hope. We ask that you honor our city leaders and keep any gathering of friends at your house under 10 and follow all health guidelines when together. Leverage this season to think outside the box as we serve our city and worship in a unique way together.
With ZOOM we are enabling GCC Groups to gather online each week. Your group leader will be in touch with times for your group meetings. We will also be hosting several church wide Zoom gatherings to help us stay united and focused.
Our greatest weapon with this challenge is to pray more than worry and be like Jesus as we love and serve those around us. Social distancing and restrictions on group size are a proven way to slow the spread of this virus so we honor our leaders as a church while we push back with acts of kindness and intentional prayer. The church is not contained by a building, just ask our friends in countries where believers are persecuted. We are a movement and we need to lead the way through this challenge.
As always follow these simple suggestions as we serve our city…
- Don’t hoard, share. Please use common sense when planning for your family and be generous with what you have as you serve others.
- Wash your hands.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Don’t shake hands, have fun and get creative with a new greeting.
- Stay away from large crowds and honor the guidance of our civic leaders.
- If you are sick, stay home and get better.
- Slow down media intake and social media use as it’s very easy to loose perspective.
- Check on your friends and neighbors and see how you can help and pray for them.
- Be intentional with extra times of prayer and Bible reading to counteract your draw to fear.
- Choose hope over fear. You are a follower of Jesus.
We are #Forgreenville
Connect With Us